1. Grant of License. You acknowledge that IGC owns all copyright to the Content. Conditioned upon your compliance with the terms of this Agreement, and as outlined below, IGC grants to you a limited license to use the Content during the period of your subscription.
2. Access to the Content. Access to the Content would be made available to you, online, as soon as possible after the amount of the subscription fee is received. Your license to particular categories of the Content will continue as long as you are a paid-subscriber for those categories of the Content, provided you comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. IGC may terminate your subscription, and access to the applicable Content, for any reason or no reason effective upon written notice if it tenders a prorated refund of any fee you have paid. IGC reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate the license for your access to the Content, in whole or in part, without notice and without refund, in the event of any breach by you of any terms of this Agreement.
In case of a monthly academic subscription, the subscriber’s access to the first month shall be activated after verification – by and subject to satisfaction of IGC – of the evidence for the subscriber’s valid academic status. The monthly academic subscription does not include a right to print the content, and it is a recurring subscription, which shall be renewed on monthly basis (subject to clause 5 below). IGC may request the subscriber to provide an updated evidence for the subscriber’s eligibility for renewal of the monthly academic subscription. IGC’s decision in respect of the subscriber’s eligibility for the monthly academic subscription (for the activation and/ or renewal) shall be final and non-questionable.
3. Limited Individual License. Your limited subscription license is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and may not be sub-licensed. That means it is limited to you. As a result, you may not share your password or allow access to the Content through a network or other means. You agree to make reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality of your password, and agree not to permit any other person or entity, including your fellow colleagues, employees or employer, to use your password to access the Content.
Although you may print a single copy of the Content for your individual use, or make other “fair use,” pursuant to the relevant provisions under the Canadian Copyright Act, all other copying, reproduction, distribution, transmittal, display, or publication of copyrighted materials is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission of IGC. For example, you may not print any additional copies of the Content or any portion thereof, forward the Content by email, or upload the Content to the Internet or any other system accessible to third parties. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice from copies of the Content.
4. Non-cancellable and Non-refundable. All sales are final. Subscriptions are non-cancellable, and the subscription fees are non-refundable.
5. In case of Recurring Subscription. In case you opt for the recurring subscription option, your credit card shall be charged, on the renewal date, for the renewal amount. However, you may request for stopping the next renewal of your subscription by calling +1 (416) 435 5025 at least one week prior to the date of the next renewal.
7. About an Interruption in Service. You understand that your access to the Content/ the Website may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications. Though IGC will use all commercially reasonable efforts to make the Website accessible, subject to routine maintenance, it cannot guarantee that the Website will be accessible 24/7.
8. Disclaimer. Efforts have been made to avoid errors or omissions in the Content. In spite of that, errors could creep in. Hence, you are advised to seek legal or professional advice where necessary. The Content does not amount to any legal, accounting, or professional advice. It is notified that, under any circumstances, neither IGC, nor the author(s) of the Content, nor any other person or entity related to them, nor any service provider, shall be liable to you or any other person or entity for any incidental, indirect, consequential, or special damages of any kind arising out of your use of the Content. Please also note that due to the nature of the subject-matter, the Content may be subject to change, without notice. In the event that any of the foregoing limitations and disclaimers is ineffective, you agree that IGC’s maximum liability to you shall be the fees that you paid to IGC in connection with your latest subscription for the access to the Content. The remedies available to you against IGC under this agreement are exclusive.
9. Amendments and Assignments. IGC may amend the Content, prices, specifications and product offerings at any time, without notice. IGC may assign its rights in this Agreement to a successor.
10. Entire Agreement. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between IGC and you concerning its subject matter and it supersedes any prior agreement you may have had with IGC, written or oral, concerning such subjects. If any part of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. This Agreement may not be altered or amended, nor may any of its terms be waived, except in writing signed by both you and IGC.
11. Resolution of Any Disputes. You agree that any dispute arising from, relating to or in any manner connected with the Agreement shall be construed under and resolved in accordance with the laws of the Canadian Province of Ontario, exclusive of the choice of law principles. Any such dispute shall be litigated only in the provincial or federal courts of Ontario, to the personal jurisdiction of which you hereby consent.